Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Review: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Book: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy
Rating: A
For: Fun
From: The library!

This book pretty much starts where City of Bones left off. The kids need to find the evil Valentine to stop him from killing four different creatures in order to take over the magic sword. We learn all sorts of more things about everyone. But.... who is really telling the truth? And then there's Simon. I KNEW something would happen to him! But this was not what I expected! And I'm kind of sad he didn't get to use his bow much this book. Next time perhaps?

Anyway, I can't really say much about the storyline itself without giving everything away. I felt much foreshadowing about the twist from the first book and is it really true..... and that question hanging there in itself will make me want to keep reading just to see what's going on!

For sure this is a book with non-stop action and many perilous, other-worldly moments. It's a crazy story! On to book three!

Bottom line: I enjoyed it a lot!

Other Reviews:

Love Vampires
That's What She Read
Fyrefly's Book Blog
Sarah's Random Musings

2 comments:

  1. Argh! This series! It's driving me crazy to see reviews about it posted everywhere and to not be able to say anything but...I've really got to get to these. Sigh. There's just so many other books I'd like to get to first. Besides, if I wait long enough maybe the whole series will be out and I won't have to wait for any. Right? Right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it! I can't wait to see what you think of City of Glass and City of Fallen Angels.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails