Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Sunday Salon: May? No Way.

Wow, it can't be May this week can it? No way is April over already.

Well, I've delayed my Sunday Salon post so long that Sunday is nearly over now and I'm wondering if anyone will read this anyway! But I guess I'll go ahead with it just in case, and for my own documentation of my completely exciting life.



Outside my window: I think it's blue and beautiful.

 I am listening to: In the process of discovering the song that many of you probably have known forever called Somebody I Used to Know... listening to this remix over and over and over at the moment. Wow. Loving it. 

Song of the week: Well, I think that above song should do it. Where have I been? And guys, I need a new Josh Groban song. Yes. Find me one now.

TV Talk: I'm about to catch up on The Vampire Diaries, since I didn't get to watch it live again this week. I hear it's sad. Dang. I'm not into American Idol since Colton got booted... just watching it a little bit here and there. The Amazing Race is just okay this season too, but the finale is coming up. And Survivor is fun sort of, but not really caring about anyone there either. Watching all the guys that have been booted off in the Ponderosa videos is more fun than the actual show! Once Upon a Time makes say "Wait, what? " every time it ends. 

READING REPORT:
Books Finished: I finished Supernaturally by Kiersten White and Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson... reviews this week hopefully. Oh, and also The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons. LOVED that one! Review tomorrow.


Books Started: I'm a few chapters into Precious Bane by Mary Webb which is May's book club book. Trying to read it early in case someone needs to borrow the book. It's going okay so far, it's got a weird style that takes some getting used.


Books Up Next: I know you've heard this before, but The Wise Man's Fear is SO NEXT!!! I am telling you... this time next week I will be either done or immersed in that book! It's so happening!

I am thinking: that it was an interesting week in the book blog universe. I was happy just to quietly observe the goings on. I'm glad I really didn't have much emotional connection to the involved parties. Hopefully everyone learned a lesson.

I'm grateful for: chocolate, seriously. 

Around the house: you know all about my book rearranging, but I still need to fix the mess I made at the downstairs book shelf location, and I keep having grand visions of other house fixes, but I'm sure i won't act on any of them, so never fear. It will be okay. 
It will look something like this, only messy.

Recipe of the Week: chocolate malts. First, get that heavy thick vanilla ice cream from Costco, then after you've scooped a bunch into the glass, add a little milk, stir it up, then add Hershey's chocolate syrup, as much as you need, then add a good heaping spoonful (or two) of malted milk. Stir, shake, stir some more. It's hard work I tell you! But wow, yummy yummy! It's been the treat of the week around here.

Favorite things of the week: watching a movie with Kailana, watching We Bought a Zoo again, playing Draw Something and getting new colors, working on movies and such, printing hundreds of pictures for the photo album and making a conscious decision to quilt again. 

Least favorite thing: having the husband hurt his back and hobble along crippled for several days. He finally went to the doctor who told him has sciatica. Hopefully it will get better soon.

Family Matters: Well, the oldest had a job interview, finished finals, and then didn't get the job. The second kid moved home and just slept in, worked a bit, watched a to of Supernatural episodes and went out with the boyfriend... every day the same thing... kid three won another tennis match, the third in a row, and kid four found out what an itching peeling sunburn is like!

The coming week: Rick Riordan is this week! Also a planning session for some Utah Book Blogger business... dang but we are getting organized! Beware! And maybe seeing Susan from Bloggin 'bout Books again? And let's see... I can't think what else.

8 comments:

  1. That chocolate malted drink looks wonderful! mmmmm I love chocolate. I read your review of Tree of Life, I have to see it at some point (I just watched Melancholia and am recovering from its ending!) Your shelves look organized (as you say, at least for now).....have a good week, Suey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those malts are a pain in the butt to make but soooo good!

    At least someone over there is watching supernatural. ;)

    You really have been saying you're going to read that book. It's time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the layout of your blog and I especially love the challenge you laid down for yourself. 100 BOOKS? What's your time frame to finish? LOL, I guess just reading those books is fantastic on its own. I am struggling right now just to read to books two romance novels. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish I was going to see Rick Riordan! And in your Utah Blogging session, keep in mind we'll visit that third week in August - I know I'm such a priority for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your week sounds like a whole lot of fun-filled wonderful! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't appreciate chocolate is the question. If you CAN eat it, then you SHOULD.....in moderation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like someone should go see a PT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see you again, too. I'm already drooling over the Creamery ice cream ... it's been way too long!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails