Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A to Z Book Survey


I've seen this survey making the rounds lately, but I think it started with Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner, the queen of survey making! And so, since it's been awhile since I've done this sort of thing, and since I need a post for today, it's survey time!!

A uthor you’ve read the most books from: back in the day I read a ton of Orson Scott Card and also Anya Setton. Not sure any author has caught up to them yet (not counting re-reads of course.)

B est Sequel Ever: Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta

C urrently Reading: Just started Blackout by Robison Wells (released Oct. 1)


D rink of Choice While Reading: I've never understood this. Drinking and reading don't go together in my head. Now, reading and SNACKING maybe... like on M and M's or something! :)

E -reader or Physical Book? Okay, I love them both. Seriously. Gasp, did I just say that?

F ictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School: Joe from The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nielson, Gideon from My Big Nose... by Sydney Salter, Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery.... just to name a few!

G lad You Gave This Book A Chance: The Thief (and its sequels) by Megan Whalen Turner

H idden Gem Book: Coop by Michael Perry

I mportant Moment in your Reading Life: When I started blogging. Wow, things have never been the same.

J ust Finished: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

K inds of Books You Won’t Read: erotica... other than that, there's not much I won't read.

L ongest Book You’ve Read: I'm not sure... but I think it's The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson which clocks in at 1,258 pages. Boy and those pages flew by.

M ajor book hangover because of: Poison Study by Marie V. Synder

N umber of Bookcases You Own: Are you kidding me? In the whole house? Let me count.....18 is what I come up with! Wow. Who knew?

O ne Book You Have Read Multiple Times: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I've lost track how many times now.

P referred Place To Read: The couch for sure.

Q uote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read: 

“Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are.” 
― Markus ZusakI Am the Messenger

R eading Regret: That I "hid" my love for books and reading for so long. I'm glad I've come out now!

S eries You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in series): There are SOOO many! But The Mortal Instruments series comes to mind. Are all the books out? I think so.

T hree of your All-Time Favorite Books: The Book Thief, Pride and Prejudice and The Name of the Wind.

U napologetic Fangirl For: Hello. Markus Zusak of course!

V ery Excited for This Release More Than All the Others: Probably Patrick Rothfuss's next book in the Kingkiller Chronicles. I have no idea what its name is going to be, or when it will be out.

W orst Bookish Habit: Laying books down... open... when I'm in a hurry and will "be right back" and don't have time for the bookmark!

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: I'm going with Run by Ann Patchett... need to read!

Y our latest book purchase:
Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson

Z ZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

Whew! That was fun! Now... it's your turn!

4 comments:

  1. COOP's a perfect pick for hidden gem. I liked it so much more than I thought I would! I'm excited to read the author's new one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you did this! :) I knew you had a lot of bookshelves but I had no idea it was 18. And you still need more! Wow! Is laying books down open a bad thing? Don't kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Poison Study! Such a great series. I'm also with you completely on the snacking while reading thing. I love having something chocolate to munch on while I read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was fun! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails